Richmond Rugby Club Physiotherapist
Apply by 21st June
Interviews to take place during week 24th June
Salary TBC (dependent on experience)
The club physiotherapist under supervision of the Club’s Head of Medical Service, would be responsible for the following in relation to senior men’s, women and youth squads (to include but not exhaustive):
- Provision of physiotherapy at some training sessions and matches (including away games). Such provision is to be available during at least 1 training session per week on Tuesday and/or Thursday evenings for a minimum of 3 hours per session (6.30-9.30pm) and on match days. Match days may be Saturdays or Sundays.
- Reporting of catastrophic injuries or potential catastrophic injuries to supervisors.
- Maintaining rugby squad as a notes system.
- Delivering an agreed return-to-play protocol for players, in co-ordination with the Club’s Strength and Conditioning and Coaching staff and Head of Medical services.
- Attending RFU hosted CPD sessions and completing a concussion online module
- Comply with Professional Codes of Conduct, standards and guidelines
- Chartered Physiotherapist
- HCPC registered.
- Musculoskeletal and sports and exercise medicine experience.
- Appropriate 1st aid certificate
- May be required to work with athletes under 18 (DBS check required).
- Awareness of anti-doping program.
- An understanding of current concepts in physiotherapy management of musculoskeletal management.
- Flexibility to work Saturdays and some Sundays (around 2 in 4 weekends)
- May be required to help with mini and youth cover.
- May be required to help with women’s cover.
- Team player.
- Further recognised qualification in sports medicine or sport physiotherapy
- Previous work within rugby union
- Previous NHS inpatient work (various specialties)