Tyrrells Premier 15's Richmond Women’s Squad Physiotherapist
Apply by 21st June
Interviews to take place during week 24th June
Salary TBC (dependent on experience)
The Women’s physiotherapist, under supervision of the Women’s Lead physiotherapist and Club’s Head of Medical Service, would be responsible for the following in relation to all Richmond senior female players (to include, but not exhaustive):
- Provision of physiotherapy at some training sessions and matches (including away games). Such provision available during training sessions on Tuesday and Thursday evenings for a minimum of 3.5 hours per session (6.00-9.30pm) and on match days. Match days may be Saturdays or Sundays.
- Reporting of catastrophic injuries or potential catastrophic injuries to supervisors.
- Maintaining rugby squad as the notes system.
- Liaising with supervisors with regard to managing the rehabilitation of England contracted players.
- Delivering an agreed return-to-play protocol for players, in co-ordination with the Club’s Strength and Conditioning and Coaching staff and Head of Medical services.
- Attendance at RFU hosted CPD sessions and completing a concussion online module.
- Comply with Professional Codes of Conduct, standards and guidelines.
- Chartered Physiotherapist
- HCPC registered
- Musculoskeletal and sports and exercise medicine experience
- ICIS level 2 (can be arranged for appropriate candidate)
- May be required to work with athletes under 18 (DBS check required)
- Awareness of anti-doping program
- An understanding of current concepts in physiotherapy management of musculoskeletal management
- May be required to help with mini and youth cover
- May be required to help with men’s cover
- Further recognised qualification in sports medicine or sport physiotherapy
- Previous work within rugby union
- Previous NHS inpatient work (various specialties)