The Richmond Way
The Playing Vision
• To provide an inspiring environment where a Culture of Ambition promotes rugby excellence, enjoyment and friendship.
• To ensure the Club is fully self-funding and remains one of the top 30 clubs in England. Richmond Men have been playing in the Championship since 2016/17 and, Richmond Women play in the Tyrrells Premier 15s League.
• Richmond Football Club (RFC) is ambitious and strives to be the best community rugby club in the UK, offering first-class, well-coached and medically well-supervised rugby opportunities for all - both sexes and all ages – five Senior Men’s XVs, one Students/U21 XV, one Colts XV, one Veteran’s XV (the ‘Heavies’), three Women’s XVs and Youth and Mini rugby for nearly 600 boys and girls. All this within a friendly environment, offering great networking opportunities, both social and commercial.
• To attract and retain players of the highest quality from all backgrounds but maintaining, throughout the Club, a traditional rugby club ethos to help achieve our aims and retain the Club’s unique culture.
• Players who join RFC should not see rugby as their primary source or method of earning an income.
• It is RFC’s intention to help and support our players by creating:
1. A supportive professional infrastructure within which to develop their rugby skills
2. Help with finding employment and/or accommodation
3. Performance-related incentives and player benefits
4. An environment that will encourage long-term membership.